Please select a second date to complete the range.
Cover more ground than you would be able to on a walking tour and get some exercise all the while being eco-friendly! Ride at a relaxed pace on flat roads and stop at points of interest to take photographs and hear the fascinating history and stories of Barcelona from your knowledgeable guide.
On this wonderful Barcelona bike tour you will see the Sagrada Familia, Royal Palace, the Cathedral and the City Hall. You will also spend some time cycling around the Ciutadella Park.
4 hoursStart time
13 Apr - 13 Oct: 11am & 4pm
14 Oct - 12 Apr: 11am
Make your way to Plaça Sant Jaume in front of Costa Coffee. Look for your guide with a bike and Fat Tire Tours t-shirt, holding up a meeting point sign.
The closest metro stations are Jaume I (L4) and Liceu (L3). So there’s no last-minute rush please arrive at the start point 15 minutes early.
The tour starts with a brief introduction before heading for the shop to get the bikes.
The tours follow carefully planned routes, avoiding busy streets and traffic and riding mainly on bike paths, down Gothic alleyways, through parks and along the beach, so just pedal and enjoy the ride!
Highlights of the tour include:
• Plaça Sant Jaume: Located at the centre of the original Roman settlement of Barcino, this plaza is home to the Ajuntament (City Hall) and Palau de la Generalitat (seat of the Catalan regional government).
• Plaça del Rei: This wholly preserved medieval courtyard of the Palau Reial (Royal Palace) is where Ferdinand and Isabella are supposed to have received Columbus on his return from the New World.
• La Catedral: This impressive Catalan gothic church is built on the site of a Roman temple and houses the tomb of Saint Eulàlia, the first patron saint of Barcelona.
• Palau de la Mùsica Catalana: One of the world’s most extraordinary concert halls, the Palace of Catalan Music was designed in the Catalan modernism style by the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner.
• La Sagrada Familia: Designed by Antonio Gaudi, it is an amazing piece of architecture that remains unfinished even after 100 years. Marvel at the expressionist artwork of the cathedral and its Nativity Façade where the theme of Christ’s birth and childhood is depicted.
• Parc de la Ciutadella: After the War of the Spanish Succession ended in 1714, a large fort was constructed on this site to keep the city in line. The fortress was demolished in 1869 and redesigned as a park containing a zoo, a boating lake, gardens and a large fountain worked on by architect Antonio Gaudi.
After exploring the sites of Barcelona, you will return back to the starting point of the tour.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details. They’re a nice bunch, and will happily answer any logistical questions you may have. Please give them a call at least 24 hours before your organised activity to reconfirm.
Voucher Information: Sorry, but we will need you to print a paper version of your booking voucher (we're working on changing this). At this time no refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
All of our tours operate rain or shine, and we have rain ponchos available in our office for purchase (fully refunded if not used).
Since other tours also meet in this same plaza, be sure to confirm that you are with the Fat Tire Tours group.
I was in Barcelona for only a couple of days and wanted to see as many sites as possible, while taking in some history. I came upon Fat Tire Bike Tours and so glad that i did. I...James B Goley III, United States
Great bike tour and very well thought out. Our guide was very well informed and patient!! Also took us for food on seafront that was very good value. Highly recommend this...Mr Andrew M Dunn, United Kingdom
A great day, and we learned so much about Barcelona in a fun way....F Grundy, United Kingdom
Amazing! Love Barcelona!!